Engaging Nonfiction and Fiction Featuring Survival Vocabulary
The Tween Welcome Newcomers library introduces life in the United States to immigrant tweens. As these students learn English and adapt to living in a new country, they must learn to fit in academically and socially. Developed around 14 key topics, this program gives recent immigrants relevant information at an accessible reading level supported by full-color photographs. Featuring diverse characters in contemporary settings, the books resonate with newcomers in upper elementary and middle school.
KEY PRODUCT FEATURES:
- Accessible text with low readability and photographs on every page for comprehension support
- Progress monitoring in the form of summative assessments for every topic and a program checklist
- Mature, engaging content focused on topics critical to newcomers
- Nonfiction and fiction
- Extensive teaching support for every book
- Focus on vocabulary acquisition
ADDITIONAL BOOK SET INCLUDES:
28 Topic-Based Books (1 Each of 28 Titles)
- 14 Nonfiction Books Paired with 14 Fiction Books
Grade Level: 4 to 8
Approximate Grade-Level Equivalent for Series: 1.0 to 1.6
Lexile Level: HL70L-HL200L
*Teacher's Guide not sold separately from the GO! Welcome Newcomers Boxed Set (9781680216011).