Series Name: TwERL Phonics: A New Level of Accessible Text for Tweens Developing Their Decoding Skills
ISBN: 9781638891598 | Grades: 4 to 8 | Anticipated Reading Level: 0.9 to 1.3 | Anticipated Lexile Range Approx.: BR to HL140L
Theme: Hi-Lo, emergent, tween content, full-color, teacher support
TwERL Phonics has been developed specifically for emerging readers in grades 4–8 who are developing their decoding skills. The series is also useful for newcomers with no prior English language skills. Written at emergent and beginning reader levels, the books have been carefully controlled to showcase phonics skills, beginning with CVC words and progressing through long vowels, consonant digraphs, vowel diphthongs, and multisyllabic words. Accompanied by dynamic full-color photos, the engaging storylines are tween-centric and represent a wide variety of genres.
Each level features eight 20 page books, six fiction and two nonfiction. Each book also includes a Word List, organized by phonics skills. Vocabulary-building words are highlighted in the text. A Teacher’s Guide supports each book with a lesson plan, vocabulary-building activities, guided reading questions, reproducible activities featuring phonics and comprehension skills, plus a quiz.
KEY PRODUCT FEATURES:
Three levels that move progressively through phonics skills
- Accessible text that begins at emergent levels and progresses to beginner reader levels as phonics skills are built
- Progress monitoring in the form of summative assessments for every book and a program checklist
- Age-respectful, engaging content matched with full-color photos that support comprehension
- Fiction and nonfiction books at each level
- Comprehensive Teacher’s Guide with extensive instructional support for every book
DESIGNED SPECIFICALLY FOR:
- Upper Elementary and Middle School
- Students with Learning Differences and Special Needs
- English Language Learners, Including Newcomers
PRINT LIBRARY BOX SET INCLUDES:
72 Action-Packed Books (3 each of 24 titles)
- Fiction and Nonfiction
- Levels Four, Five, and Six
Comprehensive Teacher’s Guide
- Lesson Plans
- Guided Reading Questions
- Comprehension Activities
- Reproducible USB
Product Notes: Teacher's Guide not sold separately.
Key Words/ Themes: Fiction, Nonfiction, Tween, Upper Elementary, Middle School, Emergent Reader, Phonics, Hi-Lo, Hi-Lo Books, Hi-Lo Solutions, High-Low Books, Hi-Low Books, ELL, EL, ESL, Struggling Learner, Struggling Reader, Special Education, SPED, Newcomers, Reading, Learning, Education, Educational, Educational BooksRead More...