Additional licenses may be purchased in sets of 10, separately. Please reach out to our onboarding specialists for customized quotes at email@example.com
Series Name: Teen Emergent Reader Libraries—Sight Words-Based Texts for Teens
Print ISBN: 9781622508686 | Digital ISBN: 9781645986911 | Grades: Teen and YA | Reading Level: 1.0 to 1.5 | Lexile Level: 60L to 170L
Theme: Hi-Lo, emergent, teen content, full-color, teacher support
The Teen Emergent Reader Libraries have been developed to solve the issue of motivating the most struggling teen readers to pick up a book and start reading. The three libraries are written at the emergent and beginning reader levels. Short, simple sentences along with highlighted “emphasis” words and phrases build confidence while full-color photos support comprehension. The books offer mature, teen-centric storylines that entice teens to read. Formatted as 64-page books, these fiction and nonfiction selections look similar to other teen novels and feature photographs to reflect a contemporary, age-appropriate tone. In addition, each book is supported by a lesson plan, guided reading questions, a reproducible comprehension activity, and a quiz. The books, combined with the instructional support, provide the perfect solution for today’s teacher who has to differentiate instruction to meet the needs of all learners while teaching on-grade-level concepts.
KEY PRODUCT FEATURES:
- Progress monitoring in the form of summative assessments for every book
- Three levels to help your striving readers grow and develop their reading
- Mature, engaging content matched with stunning full-color photos
- Extensive teaching support for every book
- Builds critical reading components: comprehension, vocabulary, and fluency
- Fiction and nonfiction genre sets for literature study
DESIGNED SPECIFICALLY FOR:
- Upper Middle School and High School Students Struggling to Read
- Students with Learning Differences and Special Needs
- Secondary English Language Learners and Newcomers
PRINT LIBRARY BOX SET INCLUDES:
60 Action-Packed Books (3 each of 20 titles)
- Fiction and Nonfiction
- 5 Genres for Literature Study (Careers, Fantasy, Mythology, Romance, Teenage Firsts)
Comprehensive Teacher's Guide
- Lesson Plans
- Vocabulary Instruction
- Guided Reading Questions
- Reproducible Student Activities
*ONLINE DIGITAL PLATFORM:
With the absence of in-person assisted learning, we have developed a simple platform that will enable readers to be both independent and assisted. Our technology supports readers by highlighting the text and reading it aloud at an appropriate pace that is perfect for struggling readers.
*Online Digital Platform is sold separately from print materials, or can be purchase as a combo set above.
- Web browser access offering ease-of-use for any device with internet access
- Simple design with uncomplicated screens so as not to distract the reader with unnecessary buttons and features. The goal is to get kids reading!
- Text-to-speech with word highlighting for enhanced readability. Great for ANY struggling reader.
Product Notes: Teacher's Guide not sold separately. Once an order is placed for the Online Digital Platform materials a digital onboarding specialists will be in contact with you shortly.
Key Words/ Themes: Careers, Fantasy, Mythology, Romance, Teenage Firsts, Fiction, Nonfiction, Teen, Young Adult, Emergent Reader, Hi-Lo, Hi-Lo Books, Hi-Lo Solutions, High-Low Books, Hi-Low Books, ELL, EL, ESL, Struggling Learner, Struggling Reader, Special Education, SPED, Newcomers, Reading, Learning, Education, Educational, Educational Books
- TERL Excel