Additional licenses may be purchased in sets of 10, separately. Please reach out to our on boarding specialists for customized quotes at email@example.com
ELL Teen Literacy Library: Content-Focused Genres for Teen English Language Learners
ISBN: 9781680214321 | Grades: Teen and YA | Reading Level: 1.2 to 2.3 | Lexile: HL120L to HL260L
Engaging Nonfiction and Fiction with a Focus on Vocabulary
The ELL Teen Literacy Library is a unique collection of fiction and nonfiction books aimed at middle school, high school, and adult English language learners, including newcomers. Many of these learners struggle with reading and a limited English vocabulary. This makes it difficult to do well in content-area classes, where textbooks are often written above grade level. For this reason, the ELL Teen Literacy Library focuses on social studies, math, and science topics, in books written at accessible levels. Each engaging fiction and nonfiction book features age-respectful storylines and full-color photographs on every page to support beginning readers at the secondary level.
Organized into five content-focused genres, this collection includes 20 unique titles. Each genre includes three fiction books and one nonfiction book. Fiction books feature realistic storylines. Nonfiction books focus on high-interest topics.
Special emphasis is placed on vocabulary with five key vocabulary words highlighted in each book. These words are featured in a glossary at the back of each book and on photo vocabulary cards included with the collection. Vocabulary is also emphasized in the Teacher's Guide, with vocabulary lessons and activities. In addition, the Teacher's Guided includes book lesson plans, guided reading questions, reproducible student activities, and assessments in the form of a program progress chart and book quizzes.
KEY PRODUCT FEATURES:
- Accessible text with low readability and photographs on every page to support comprehension
- Progress monitoring in the form of summative book quizzes and a program checklist
- Mature, engaging content focused on subjects that are of high-interest to English language learners
- Five genres with fiction and nonfiction
- Extensive teaching support for every book
- Focus on vocabulary acquisition
- American Culture
- American History
- Environmental Studies
- Everyday Math
PRINT LIBRARY BOX SET INCLUDES:
60 Books (3 Each of 20 Titles)
- 3 Fiction and 1 Nonfiction Book per Genre
- 100 Full-Color Vocabulary Cards
- 5 Vocabulary Words per Book
Comprehensive Teacher's Guide
- Lesson Plans
- Vocabulary Instruction
- Guided Reading Questions
- Reproducible Student Activities
*ONLINE DIGITAL PLATFORM:
With the absence of in-person assisted learning, we have developed a simple platform that will enable readers to be both independent and assisted. Our technology supports readers by highlighting the text and reading it aloud at an appropriate pace that is perfect for struggling readers.
*Online Digital Platform is sold separately from print materials, or can be purchase as a combo set above.
- Web browser access offering ease-of-use for any device with internet access
- Simple design with uncomplicated screens so as not to distract the reader with unnecessary buttons and features. The goal is to get kids reading!
- Text-to-speech with word highlighting for enhanced readability. Great for ANY struggling reader.
Product Notes: Teacher's Guide not sold separately. Once an order is placed for the Online Digital Platform materials a digital onboarding specialists will be in contact with you shortly.
Key Words/ Themes: American Culture, American History, Environmental Studies, Everyday Math, Science, Technology, Full Color, Set, Fiction, Nonfiction, Teen, Young Adult, Hi-Lo, Hi-Lo Books, Hi-Lo Solutions, High-Low Books, Hi-Low Books, ELL, EL, ESL, Struggling Learner, Struggling Reader, Special Education, SPED, Newcomers, Reading, Learning, Education, Educational, Educational Books
- ELL Teen Literacy Library