ELL Teen Literacy Library: Content-Focused Genres for Teen English Language Learners
The ELL Teen Literacy Library is a unique collection of fiction and nonfiction books aimed at high school and adult English language learners, including newcomers. Many of these learners struggle with reading and a limited English vocabulary. This makes it difficult to do well in content-area classes where textbooks are often written above grade level. For this reason, the ELL Teen Literacy Library focuses on social studies, math, and science topics in books written at accessible levels. Each engaging fiction and nonfiction book features age-respectful storylines and full-color photographs on every page to support beginning readers at the secondary level.
Organized into five content-focused genres, this collection includes 20 unique titles. Each genre includes three fiction books and one nonfiction book. Special emphasis is placed on vocabulary, with five key vocabulary words highlighted in each book.
KEY PRODUCT FEATURES:
- Accessible text with low readability and photographs on every page to support comprehension
- Progress monitoring in the form of summative book quizzes and a program checklist
- Mature, engaging content focused on subjects that are of high-interest to English language learners
- Five genres with fiction and nonfiction
- Extensive teaching support for every book
- Focus on vocabulary acquisition
- American Culture
- American History
- Environmental Studies
- Everyday Math
PRINT LIBRARY BOX SET INCLUDES:
60 Books (3 Each of 20 Titles)
- 3 Fiction and 1 Nonfiction Book per Genre
- 100 Full-Color Vocabulary Cards
- 5 Vocabulary Words per Book
Comprehensive Teacher's Guide
- Lesson Plans
- Vocabulary Instruction
- Guided Reading Questions
- Reproducible Student Activities
*ONLINE DIGITAL PLATFORM:
With the absence of in-person assisted learning, we have developed a simple platform that will enable readers to be both independent and assisted. Our technology supports readers by highlighting the text and reading it aloud at an appropriate pace that is perfect for struggling readers.
- Online Digital Platform purchases will allow for up to 20 student licenses + 1 teacher license. Additional licenses may be purchased in sets of 10, separately. Please reach out to our onboarding specialists for customized quotes at firstname.lastname@example.org
*Online Digital Platform is sold separately from print materials, or can be purchase as a combo set above.
- Web browser access offering ease-of-use for any device with internet access
- Simple design with uncomplicated screens so as not to distract the reader with unnecessary buttons and features. The goal is to get kids reading!
- Text-to-speech with word highlighting for enhanced readability. Great for ANY struggling reader.
Print ISBN: 9781680214321 | Digital ISBN: 9781645986997 | Print + Digital ISBN: 9781680214321S
Grades: Teen and YA
Reading Level: 1.2 to 2.3
Lexile: HL120L to HL260L
Product Notes: Teacher's Guide not sold separately. Once an order is placed for the Online Digital Platform materials a digital onboarding specialists will be in contact with you shortly. Licensing terms for Digital purchases are for one (1) year from the date of purchase. See Digital Terms and Conditions for more details.
Key Words/ Themes: American Culture, American History, Environmental Studies, Everyday Math, Science, Technology, Full Color, Set, Fiction, Nonfiction, Teen, Young Adult, Hi-Lo, Hi-Lo Books, Hi-Lo Solutions, High-Low Books, Hi-Low Books, ELL, EL, ESL, Struggling Learner, Struggling Reader, Special Education, SPED, Newcomers, Reading, Learning, Education, Educational, Educational BooksRead More...
- Print: 9781680214321 | Digital: 9781645986997 | Print + Digital: 9781680214321S