Additional licenses may be purchased in sets of 10, separately. Please reach out to our onboarding specialists for customized quotes at email@example.com
GO! SEL Literacy Library: Topic-Based Books Help Tweens Master Social and Emotional Skills
Print ISBN: 9781680219692 | Digital ISBN: 9781645988915 | Grade: 4 to 8 | Reading Level: 1.6 to 1.9 | Lexile: HL130L TO HL210L
Upper elementary and middle school students need strong social and emotional skills to succeed in school and daily life. Educational research increasingly points to the important role social and emotional learning plays in supporting academic success, building a positive school community, and decreasing behavioral issues. The GO! SEL Literacy Library™ is a unique solution to help tweens think about and discuss topics critical to successful social interactions and emotional health. Organized around 12 key SEL topics, this collection is the perfect addition to any intermediate or middle school classroom or library.
Because recognizing emotions is a key aspect of social and emotional learning, emphasis is placed on 60 emotion words. Each word is represented on a vocabulary card with a photo on one side and the word and definition on the other as well as on an Emoti-Card with an illustration of the emotion and facial cues and gestures to help students better identify that emotion when interacting with others. Together with extensive instructional support in the form of lessons, activities, role-plays, and assessments, the books and cards in this collection provide the perfect solution to incorporating SEL instruction into content area classes
KEY PRODUCT FEATURES:
- Accessible text with low readability and photographs on every page for comprehension support
- Focus on emotion vocabulary with two sets of cards to build comprehension and recognition of emotions
- Extensive instructional support for every topic and book pair
- Engaging fiction and nonfiction books supported by real world content that resonates with tweens
- Progress monitoring in the form of summative assessments for every topic that include both comprehension and vocabulary questions
PRINT LIBRARY BOX SET INCLUDES:
72 Topic-Based Books (3 Each of 24 Titles)
- 12 Nonfiction Books Paired with 12 Fiction Books
Emotion Vocabulary Cards
- 60 Full-Color Photo Vocabulary Cards
- 60 Illustrated Emoti-Cards
- 5 Emotions per Topic
Comprehensive Instructional Support
- Topic Background for the Teacher
- Lesson Plans and strategies for use with Whole Class, Small Group, and Partners
- Emotion Vocabulary Instruction and Role-Plays
- Guided Reading Comprehension Questions
*ONLINE DIGITAL PLATFORM:
With the absence of in-person assisted learning, we have developed a simple platform that will enable readers to be both independent and assisted. Our technology supports readers by highlighting the text and reading it aloud at an appropriate pace that is perfect for struggling readers.
*Online Digital Platform is sold separately from print materials, or can be purchase as a combo set above.
- Web browser access offering ease-of-use for any device with internet access
- Simple design with uncomplicated screens so as not to distract the reader with unnecessary buttons and features. The goal is to get kids reading!
- Text-to-speech with word highlighting for enhanced readability. Great for ANY struggling reader.
Product Notes: Teacher's Guide not sold separately. Once an order is placed for the Online Digital Platform materials a digital onboarding specialists will be in contact with you shortly.
Keywords/Themes: SEL, Social Emotional Learning, Social-Emotional Learning, Social and Emotional Learning, Social Skills, Emotional Skills, Social Awareness, Relationship Management, Communicating Effectively, Kindness and Respect, Problem-Solving, Finding Help/Resources, Self-Awareness, Self-Management, Moods and Attitudes, Decision-Making, Physical Health, Finding Purpose, Full Color, Set, Fiction, Nonfiction, Tween, Young Adult, Hi-Lo, Hi-Lo Books, Hi-Lo Solutions, High-Low Books, Hi-Low Books, ELL, EL, ESL, Struggling Learner, Struggling Reader, Special Education, SPED, Newcomers, Reading, Learning, Education, Educational, Educational Books
- GO! SEL Library