Additional licenses may be purchased in sets of 10, separately. Please reach out to our onboarding specialists for customized quotes at email@example.com
GO! Welcome Newcomers: Topic-Based Books to Help New Tween Immigrants Thrive
Print ISBN: 9781680216011 | Digital ISBN: 9781645986980 | Grade Level: 4 to 8 | Reading Level: 1.5 to 1.8 | Lexile: HL70L to HL200L
The GO! Welcome Newcomers® library introduces life in the United States to immigrant tweens. As these students learn English and adapt to living in a new country, they must also learn to fit in academically and socially. Developed around 14 key topics, this program gives recent immigrants relevant information at an accessible reading level supported by full-color photographs. Featuring diverse characters in contemporary settings, the books resonate with newcomers in upper elementary and middle school.
Each topic is covered by a pair of books, one nonfiction and one fiction. GO! Welcome Newcomers® places special emphasis on building vocabulary because research indicates the importance of vocabulary acquisition for students learning English. Survival words related to each topic are highlighted in the books, with definitions provided in text boxes on the page for easy reference. These same words are featured on the full-color vocabulary cards and in the Teacher’s Guide included in the box.
KEY PRODUCT FEATURES:
- Accessible text with low readability and photographs on every page for comprehension support
- Progress monitoring in the form of summative assessments for every topic and a program checklist
- Engaging content focused on topics critical to tween newcomers
- Nonfiction and fiction
- Extensive teaching support for every book
- Focus on vocabulary acquisition
DESIGNED SPECIFICALLY FOR:
- Newcomers in Grades 4–8
- Tween English Language Learners
- Students Who Would Benefit from Life Skills Content
PRINT LIBRARY BOX SET INCLUDES:
84 Topic-Based Books (3 Each of 28 Titles)
- 14 Nonfiction Books Paired with 14 Fiction Books
Survival Vocabulary Cards
- 140 Full-Color Vocabulary Cards
- 10 Survival Words per Topic
Comprehensive Teacher's Guide
- Lesson Plans
- Vocabulary Instruction
- Guided Reading Questions
- Reproducible Student Activities
*ONLINE DIGITAL PLATFORM:
With the absence of in-person assisted learning, we have developed a simple platform that will enable readers to be both independent and assisted. Our technology supports readers by highlighting the text and reading it aloud at an appropriate pace that is perfect for struggling readers.
*Online Digital Platform is sold separately from print materials, or can be purchase as a combo set above.
- Web browser access offering ease-of-use for any device with internet access
- Simple design with uncomplicated screens so as not to distract the reader with unnecessary buttons and features. The goal is to get kids reading!
- Text-to-speech with word highlighting for enhanced readability. Great for ANY struggling reader.
Product Notes: Teacher's Guide not sold separately. Once an order is placed for the Online Digital Platform materials a digital onboarding specialists will be in contact with you shortly.
Key Words/ Themes: American Culture, Community and Health Resources, Exploring Your Future, Food and Meals, Grooming, Money Basics, Safety, School Basics, School Expectations, School Success, Social Skills, Sports and Activities, Transportation, Weather and Natural Disasters, Full Color, Set, Fiction, Nonfiction, Upper Elementary, Middle School, Tween, Hi-Lo, Hi-Lo Books, Hi-Lo Solutions, High-Low Books, Hi-Low Books, ELL, EL, ESL, Struggling Learner, Struggling Reader, Special Education, SPED, Newcomers, Reading, Learning, Education, Educational, Educational Books
- GO! Welcome Newcomers