TwERL Phonics: A New Level of Accessible Text for Tweens Developing Their Decoding Skills
TwERL Phonics has been developed specifically for emerging readers in grades 4–8 who are developing their decoding skills. The series is also useful for newcomers with no prior English language skills. Written at emergent and beginning reader levels, the books have been carefully controlled to showcase phonics skills, beginning with CVC words and progressing through long vowels, consonant digraphs, vowel diphthongs, and multisyllabic words. Accompanied by dynamic full-color photos, the engaging storylines are tween-centric and represent a wide variety of genres.
Each level features eight 16 page books, six fiction and two nonfiction. Each book also includes a Word List, organized by phonics skills. Vocabulary-building words are highlighted in the text. A Teacher’s Guide supports each book with a lesson plan, vocabulary-building activities, guided reading questions, reproducible activities featuring phonics and comprehension skills, plus a quiz.
KEY PRODUCT FEATURES:
- Progress Monitoring in the Form of Summative Assessments for Every Book
- Three Levels That Move Progressively through Phonics Skills
- Engaging Content Matched with Stunning Full-Color Photos
- Extensive Teaching Support for Every Book
- Fiction and Nonfiction Books at Each Level
BUILDS ALL 5 CRITICAL READING COMPONENTS:
- Phonemic Awareness
PRINT LIBRARY BOX SET INCLUDES:
72 Action-Packed Books (3 each of 24 titles)
- Fiction and Nonfiction
- Levels One, Two, and Three
Comprehensive Teacher’s Guide
- Lesson Plans
- Guided Reading Questions
- Comprehension Activities
- Reproducible USB
*ONLINE DIGITAL PLATFORM:
With the absence of in-person assisted learning, we have developed a simple platform that will enable readers to be both independent and assisted. Our technology supports readers by highlighting the text and reading it aloud at an appropriate pace that is perfect for struggling readers.
- Online Digital Platform purchases will allow for up to 20 student licenses + 1 teacher license. Additional licenses may be purchased in sets of 10, separately. Please reach out to our onboarding specialists for customized quotes at email@example.com
*Online Digital Platform is sold separately from print materials, or can be purchase as a combo set above.
- Web browser access offering ease-of-use for any device with internet access
- Simple design with uncomplicated screens so as not to distract the reader with unnecessary buttons and features. The goal is to get kids reading!
- Text-to-speech with word highlighting for enhanced readability. Great for ANY struggling reader.
Print ISBN: 9781638890102 | Digital ISBN: 9781645988939 | Print + Digital ISBN: 9781638890102
Grades: 4 to 8
Reading Level: 0.5 to 0.9
Lexile: BR90L to HL110L
Product Notes: Teacher's Guide not sold separately. Once an order is placed for the Online Digital Platform materials a digital onboarding specialists will be in contact with you shortly. Licensing terms for Digital purchases are for one (1) year from the date of purchase. See Digital Terms and Conditions for more details.
Key Words/ Themes: Fiction, Nonfiction, Tween, Upper Elementary, Middle School, Emergent Reader, Phonics, Hi-Lo, Hi-Lo Books, Hi-Lo Solutions, High-Low Books, Hi-Low Books, ELL, EL, ESL, Struggling Learner, Struggling Reader, Special Education, SPED, Newcomers, Reading, Learning, Education, Educational, Educational BooksRead More...
- Print: 9781638890102 | Digital: 9781645988939 | Print + Digital: 9781638890102