Additional licenses may be purchased in sets of 10, separately. Please reach out to our on boarding specialists for customized quotes at email@example.com
Tween Emergent Reader Libraries - A New Emergent Reader Series Designed for Tweens!
ISBN: 9781680215922 | Grade: 4 to 8 | Approximate Grade-Level Equivalent for Series: 0 to 0.5 | Lexile: BR to HL20L
Engaging Nonfiction and Fiction with a Focus on Vocabulary
Like the award-winning Teen Emergent Reader Libraries, the new Tween Emergent Reader Libraries will motivate struggling readers to pick up a book, start reading, and keep reading. But this new series features topics and genres particularly of interest to upper elementary and middle school students. Planned as a three-box set, with books written at emergent and beginning reader levels, this unique new collection contains the books you have been searching for: high-interest fiction and non-fiction selections in sets that include both literary genres and content-specific themes.
Because these books are designed for ages 10 to 14, the storylines presented are not as mature as the TERL collections but still remain contemporary, relevant, and enticing. The first boxed set, GO! Emerge, includes 48-page books written at true emergent levels with full-color photographs on every page to support comprehension and engage struggling readers. Two additional sets, Engage and Excel, will feature slightly higher reading levels and word counts to allow students to progress in reading step by step.
Each set includes a Teacher's Guide, which provides detailed instructional support for every book and genre. Lesson plans, guided reading questions, comprehension-based activities, and book quizzes are all included.
The books, combined with the instructional support, provide the perfect solution for upper elementary and middle school teachers who want to differentiate instruction to meet the needs of all learners. In addition, high school teachers who are looking for gentler topics than those featured in TERL will find these books a perfect choice for their struggling readers.
KEY PRODUCT FEATURES:
- Progress monitoring in the form of summative assessments for every book and a program progress chart for daily monitoring
- Multiple levels to allow teachers to match students to their independent reading level
- Enticing fiction and non-fiction topics supported by dynamic, full-color photographs
- Highlighted words and phrases to support comprehension and build fluency
- Extensive instructional support for each book
- Builds critical reading skills: comprehension, vocabulary, and fluency
- Three copies of every book to encourage small group literature study
PRINT LIBRARY BOX SET INCLUDES:
60 Books (3 Each of 20 Titles)
- 3 Fiction and 1 Nonfiction Book per Genre
Comprehensive Teacher's Guide
- Lesson Plans
- Vocabulary Instruction
- Guided Reading Questions
- Reproducible Student Activities
*ONLINE DIGITAL PLATFORM:
With the absence of in-person assisted learning, we have developed a simple platform that will enable readers to be both independent and assisted. Our technology supports readers by highlighting the text and reading it aloud at an appropriate pace that is perfect for struggling readers.
*Online Digital Platform is sold separately from print materials, or can be purchase as a combo set above.
- Web browser access offering ease-of-use for any device with internet access
- Simple design with uncomplicated screens so as not to distract the reader with unnecessary buttons and features. The goal is to get kids reading!
- Text-to-speech with word highlighting for enhanced readability. Great for ANY struggling reader.
Product Notes: Teacher's Guide not sold separately. Once an order is placed for the Online Digital Platform materials a digital onboarding specialists will be in contact with you shortly.
Key Words/ Themes: Adventure, Arts, Biology, Insects, Arachnids, Reptiles, Mystery, Full Color, Set, Fiction, Nonfiction, Upper Elementary, Middle School, Tween, Emergent Reader, Hi-Lo, Hi-Lo Books, Hi-Lo Solutions, High-Low Books, Hi-Low Books, ELL, EL, ESL, Struggling Learner, Struggling Reader, Special Education, SPED, Newcomers, Reading, Learning, Education, Educational, Educational Books