Additional licenses may be purchased in sets of 10, separately. Please reach out to our on boarding specialists for customized quotes at firstname.lastname@example.org
SEL Teen Literacy Library: Topic-Based Books Help Teens Master Social and Emotional Skills
Print ISBN: 9781680217308 | Digital ISBN: 9781645987000 | Grade: Teen and YA | Approx. Grade-Level Equivalent: 1.7 to 2.5 | Lexile: HL210L to HL290L
Nonfiction and Fiction with a Focus on Emotion Vocabulary
The SEL Teen Literacy Library is a unique solution that uses nonfiction and fiction to help teens think about and discuss topics critical to successful social interactions and emotional health. With the increase in digital forms of communication and the increased pressures of today's world, schools are facing new challenges in supporting students and helping them learn social and emotional skills. Organized around 12 critical SEL topics that cover both self-awareness and social awareness, this collection of hi-lo books is the perfect addition to any middle or high school classroom or library.
Because recognizing and dealing with emotions is such an important aspect of social and emotional learning, emphasis is placed on 60 emotion words (5 for each topic). Each emotion is represented on a traditional vocabulary card with a photo on one side and the word and the definition on the other and on an Emoti-Card featuring an illustration of the emotion with facial cues and gestures to help students better identify that emotion when interacting with others. Together with extensive instructional support in the form of lessons, activities, role-plays, and assessments, the books and cards in this collection provide the perfect solution to incorporating SEL instruction into content area classes.
KEY PRODUCT FEATURES:
- Accessible text with low readability and photographs on every page for comprehension support
- Nonfiction/Fiction book pair for 12 different topics
- Focus on emotion vocabulary with two sets of cards to build comprehension and recognition of emotions
- Extensive instructional support for every topic and book pair
- Mature, engaging content supported by real-world content and photographs on every page
- Progress monitoring in the form of summative assessments for every topic and a program checklist
PRINT LIBRARY BOX SET INCLUDES:
72 Topic-Based Books (3 Each of 24 Titles)
- 12 Nonfiction Books Paired with 12 Fiction Books
Emotion Vocabulary Cards
- 60 Full-Color Photo Vocabulary Cards
- 60 Illustrated Emoti-Cards
- 5 Emotions per Topic
Comprehensive Instructional Support
- Topic Background for the Teacher
- Lesson Plans and strategies for use with Whole Class, Small Group, and Partners
- Emotion Vocabulary Instruction and Role-Plays
- Guided Reading Comprehension Questions
*ONLINE DIGITAL PLATFORM:
With the absence of in-person assisted learning, we have developed a simple platform that will enable readers to be both independent and assisted. Our technology supports readers by highlighting the text and reading it aloud at an appropriate pace that is perfect for struggling readers.
*Online Digital Platform is sold separately from print materials, or can be purchase as a combo set above.
- Web browser access offering ease-of-use for any device with internet access
- Simple design with uncomplicated screens so as not to distract the reader with unnecessary buttons and features. The goal is to get kids reading!
- Text-to-speech with word highlighting for enhanced readability. Great for ANY struggling reader.
Product Notes: Teacher's Guide not sold separately. Once an order is placed for the Online Digital Platform materials a digital onboarding specialists will be in contact with you shortly.
Key Words/ Themes: SEL, Social Emotional Learning, Social-Emotional Learning, Social and Emotional Learning, Social Skills, Emotional Skills, Self-Awareness, Self-Management, Moods and Attitudes, Decision-Making, Physical Health, Finding Purpose, Social Awareness, Relationship Management, Communicating Effectively, Kindness and Respect, Problem-Solving, Finding Help/Resources, Full Color, Set, Fiction, Nonfiction, Teen, Young Adult, Hi-Lo, Hi-Lo Books, Hi-Lo Solutions, High-Low Books, Hi-Low Books, ELL, EL, ESL, Struggling Learner, Struggling Reader, Special Education, SPED, Newcomers, Reading, Learning, Education, Educational, Educational Books
- SEL Library