Tween Emergent Reader Libraries—Emergent Sight Words-Based Libraries Designed for Tweens
Like the award-winning Teen Emergent Reader Libraries, known as TERL, the Tween Emergent Reader Libraries will motivate struggling readers to pick up a book, start reading, and keep reading. This series features topics and genres particularly of interest to upper elementary and middle school students. The three-box set, with books written at emergent and beginning reader levels, this unique collection contains the books you have been searching for: high-interest fiction and nonfiction selections in sets that include both literary genres and content-specific themes.
Because these books are designed for ages 10 to 14, the storylines presented are not as mature as the TERL collections but still remain contemporary, relevant, and enticing. The third boxed set, GO! Excel, includes 64-page books written at true emergent levels, with full-color photographs on every page to support comprehension and engage struggling readers. Each leveled box gradually increases in level and word count, allowing students to progress in reading step by step.
KEY PRODUCT FEATURES:
- Progress monitoring in the form of summative assessments for every book and a program progress chart for daily monitoring
- Multiple levels to allow teachers to match students to their independent reading level
- Enticing fiction and nonfiction topics supported by stunning full-color photos
- Extensive instructional support for each book
- Builds critical reading skills: comprehension, vocabulary, and fluency
- Three copies of every book to encourage small group literature study
- Ocean Animals
PRINT LIBRARY BOX SET INCLUDES:
60 Books (3 Each of 20 Titles)
- 3 Fiction and 1 Nonfiction Book per Genre
Comprehensive Teacher's Guide
- Lesson Plans
- Vocabulary Instruction
- Guided Reading Questions
- Reproducible Student Activities
*ONLINE DIGITAL PLATFORM:
With the absence of in-person assisted learning, we have developed a simple platform that will enable readers to be both independent and assisted. Our technology supports readers by highlighting the text and reading it aloud at an appropriate pace that is perfect for struggling readers.
*Online Digital Platform is sold separately from print materials, or can be purchase as a combo set above.
- Web browser access offering ease-of-use for any device with internet access
- Simple design with uncomplicated screens so as not to distract the reader with unnecessary buttons and features. The goal is to get kids reading!
- Text-to-speech with word highlighting for enhanced readability. Great for ANY struggling reader.
Grade: 4 to 8
Readability: 1.0 to 1.5
Lexile: HL60L to HL170L
Product Notes: Teacher's Guide not sold separately. Once an order is placed for the Online Digital Platform materials a digital onboarding specialists will be in contact with you shortly. Licensing terms for Digital purchases are for one (1) year from the date of purchase. See Digital Terms and Conditions for more details.
Key Words/ Themes: Action, Adventure, Chemistry, Fantasy, Music, Ocean Animals, Full Color, Set, Fiction, Nonfiction, Upper Elementary, Middle School, Tween, Emergent Reader, Hi-Lo, Hi-Lo Books, Hi-Lo Solutions, High-Low Books, Hi-Low Books, ELL, EL, ESL, Struggling Learner, Struggling Reader, Special Education, SPED, Newcomers, Reading, Learning, Education, Educational, Educational BooksRead More...
- Print: 9781680216967 | Digital: 9781645986966 | Print + Digital: 9781680216967S