COMING FALL OF 2019!
Series Name: Teen Early Fluency Libraries
ISBN: 9781680216837 | Grade: Teen and YA | Lexile: HL180L to HL290L
Page Count:64 Fiction; 72 Nonfiction |Word Count: 2000 to 2300
Theme: Hi-Lo, emergent, teen content, full-color, teacher support
Builds Confidence and Helps Students Become Independent Readers
The Teen Early Fluency Libraries build on the reading base of the Teen Emergent Reader Libraries (see pages 54 & 61). These books introduce readers to longer fiction and bridge the gap between emergent reading and early fluency. By the time older developing readers approach a second-grade reading level, they have a handle on the most basic literacy skills. They are ready to increase their fluency so that text flows and makes more sense. Fluency is closely tied to comprehension.
In these boxed sets, book lengths have been increased so there is more practice for readers who are gaining confidence and building their vocabulary. Instead of photos on every page, the photos appear every few pages in the fiction and every other spread in the nonfiction. Each boxed set increases by half a reading level so that students can continue to make progress step by step.
KEY PRODUCT FEATURES:
- Progress monitoring in the form of summative assessments for every book
- Three levels so developing readers build fluency and increase confidence
- Mature, engaging content
- Extensive teaching support for every book
- Builds critical reading components: comprehension, vocabulary, and fluency
- Fiction and nonfiction genre sets for literature study
DESIGNED SPECIFICALLY FOR:
- Upper Middle School and High School Students Struggling to Read
- Students with Learning Differences and Special Needs
- Secondary English Language Learners and Newcomer
RISE: TEFL LEVEL 5 BOXED SET INCLUDES:
60 Books (3 Each of 20 Titles)
- 3 Fiction and 1 Nonfiction Book per Genre
Comprehensive Teacher's Guide
- Lesson Plans
- Vocabulary Instruction
- Guided Reading Questions
- Reproducible Student Activities
*Teacher's Guide not sold separately.