Tween Emergent Reader Libraries - A New Emergent Reader Series Designed for Tweens!
ISBN: 9781680215922 | Grade: 4 to 8 | Reading Level: 0 to 0.5 | Lexile: BR to 20L
Engaging Nonfiction and Fiction with a Focus on Vocabulary
Like the award-winning Teen Emergent Reader Libraries, the new Tween Emergent Reader Libraries will motivate struggling readers to pick up a book, start reading, and keep reading. But this new series features topics and genres particularly of interest to upper elementary and middle school students. Planned as a three-box set, with books written at emergent and beginning reader levels, this unique new collection contains the books you have been searching for: high-interest fiction and non-fiction selections in sets that include both literary genres and content-specific themes.
Because these books are designed for ages 10 to 14, the storylines presented are not as mature as the TERL collections but still remain contemporary, relevant, and enticing. The first boxed set, GO! Emerge, includes 48-page books written at true emergent levels with full-color photographs on every page to support comprehension and engage struggling readers. Two additional sets, Engage and Excel, will feature slightly higher reading levels and word counts to allow students to progress in reading step by step.
Each set includes a Teacher's Guide, which provides detailed instructional support for every book and genre. Lesson plans, guided reading questions, comprehension-based activities, and book quizzes are all included.
The books, combined with the instructional support, provide the perfect solution for upper elementary and middle school teachers who want to differentiate instruction to meet the needs of all learners. In addition, high school teachers who are looking for gentler topics than those featured in TERL will find these books a perfect choice for their struggling readers.
KEY PRODUCT FEATURES:
- Progress monitoring in the form of summative assessments for every bookand a program progress chart for daily monitoring
- Multiple levels to allow teachers to match students to their independent reading level
- Enticing fiction and non-fiction topics supported by dynamic, full-color photographs
- Highlighted words and phrases to support comprehension and build fluency.
- Extensive instructional support for each book
- Builds critical reading skills: comprehension, vocabulary, and fluency
- Three copies of every book to encourage small group literature study
BOXED SET INCLUDES:
60 Books (3 Each of 20 Titles)
- 3 Fiction and 1 Nonfiction Book per Genre
Comprehensive Teacher's Guide
- Lesson Plans
- Vocabulary Instruction
- Guided Reading Questions
- Reproducible Student Activities
*Teacher's Guide not sold separately.
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:SKU: 9781680215922